How much does all this cost? Surprisingly little!
Comprehensive SAGA membership, which includes all benefits cost R146 per month.
A member may elect to make an up-front annual payment of R1752.00 (2017). SAGA membership fees are fully tax-deductible.
Membership fees are payable monthly in advance. For your convenience, membership fees will be debited from the bank account that you designate on the date that you specify.
If you join SAGA before the 5th of the month, your membership is valid from the 1st of the current month, i.e. if you join on the 4th of September; your membership is valid from the 1st of September. However, if you join after the 5th of the month, your membership is valid from the 1st day of the following month. In our example, if you join SAGA on the 6th of September, your membership will be valid from the 1st of October.
It is important that your membership fees are paid on time, every time. You will not be able to use any of the membership benefits if your membership is not paid up.
Should you debit order fail for any reason, your will receive an SMS to inform you. Please contact SAGA to make arrangements for an alternative debit order date. SAGA will have no option but to cancel memberships which are in arrears.
Student SAGA membership requires an up-front annual payment of R310.00 (2017).
- Open to any student of a tertiary institution who is in their final year of study in the performing arts.
- This tier is designed for final year performing arts/drama students and actors who are attached to verified community-based theatre groups.
- This tier is renewable up to a maximum period of two years.
- Community based actors may renew SAGA Student status beyond two years on motivated request.
- SAGA Student Members who are eligible can upgrade to SAGA Full Membership status at any time.
- In case of upgrade, UASA benefits are subject to the mandated waiting period.
- Automatic access to SAGA standard contracts.
- Support from SAGA’s in-house legal department.
- Access to the vast institutional knowledge vested in the Guild.
- Free access to workshops organised and facilitated by SAGA.
- Subscription to newsletters.
- Alerts to relevant opportunities.
- A range of discounts that SAGA negotiates with service providers.
- SAGA Student Members do not have access to the benefits offered under the SAGA/UASA partnership.
- Formal legal action would be for the member’s own account.
- SAGA Student Members may not hold office or participate in SAGA elections.
- The discounted theatre ticket benefit is reserved for SAGA Full Members and Student Members are encouraged to upgrade as soon as they are ready to.